Thursday 31 July 2014

Shattered Triangles

I have to preface this post by saying that this design is one of my favourites to date.  I was inspired by these nails a friend showed me on Pinterest (thanks Leanne!).  For this design, I started with a base of "Blanc" by Essie.  For the triangles, I used "Goldeneye" by OPI and "Up the Ante", "Winning Streak", and "Full House" by Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy.
Instead of hand painting each triangle, I made my own nail stickers.  You can see a great tutorial here.  Basically you paint thick swatches of polish onto a plastic baggy.  Let the polish dry completely (I let mine dry overnight) and then peel the swatches off the bag.  Use scissors to cut triangles of all different sizes.  While your nails are still tacky, use tweezers to place the triangles on your nails.  Finally, seal with a top coat and voila!
 I like how it kind of looks like stained glass or like something was dropped on the floor and it shattered.  I'm also really happy with the colours that I chose.
 I hope you all like this design as much as I do!!

Happy Painting!
Love, Kate xo

No comments:

Post a Comment