Tuesday 23 April 2013

Accent Nail: Dots, Dots, Dots

You know that moment right before you fall asleep when you are super relaxed and your mind wanders? During that moment last night, the idea for these nails popped into my head.  I forced myself to wake up enough so that I would remember the design in the morning.  I continued to think about it all day today, considering various background colours and dot arrangements.  I kept coming back to the grey background.  Black or white felt too harsh for what I was envisioning.  But the only way to really decide was to just go ahead with my initial idea.

I started with a base of "Grey Matter" by Rimmel London.  I haven't used this colour in a while and forgot how much I love it!  However, contrary to what the bottle says, it does not dry in 60 seconds but what nail polish does?
Next I decided on the colours I wanted to use for the dots.  I ended up going with turquoise, orange, and lime green.  My "dotting tool" is simply a pencil with a straight pin pushed into the eraser.
 
I knew for sure that I wanted dots of my ring finger (accent nail) but was still undecided on whether or not to put dots on the other nails.  I started with the ring finger and tried a few different things on my other nails.  I ended up painting over the other fingers and kept just the ring finger.  I think in this case less is more.  Here's the final product!
All in all, I really like the pop of colour while still being able to show off the gorgeous grey colour.  I hope you like this simple design!

Love, Kate xo

1 comment:

  1. Love it Kate! Also love this new blog!
    Lynn Lussier :-)

    ReplyDelete