Monday 22 April 2013

First Time Blogger and Nine West Nails


Lately, I've really been getting back into nail polish and nail art.  I'm pretty proud of my work and decided that I wanted to share my passion with others.  I tend to do my nails every Sunday (why not start the week with fabulous nails?).  Depending on how well the nail polish stays a.k.a when it starts to chip (I try to make it last as long as possible!), I do another design mid week.

I don't use any high tech tools for my designs.  I usually just use a fine paint brush, make up sponges, nail polish, acrylic paints (for really detailed designs), and whatever else I find around the house.

So let's start this blogging experience with the current nails I'm sporting.  

For these nails I was inspired by these Nine West shoes I bought last summer.

Here are some of the areas of the shoe that I chose to recreate.  You'll notice there are only 4 areas there.  For the thumb I kind of just chose a random "vine-y" design that can be seen in various parts of the shoe.

Here are the paints that I used to create my nails.  I obviously had to do some blending to get the right colours.  I usually do my base colour (blue) using nail polish but I didn't have this particular colour in my collection (GASP!).  Since I didn't have the right blue nail polish, I painted a base with Sally Hansen Xtreme Nails "White On".  I then painted over top of the white using my blue acrylic paint.  When using acrylic paint on your nails it is very important to use a nail polish base otherwise the acrylic paint with stain your nails (yikes).

...and here's the final product!!
I'm really happy with how these turned out.  They are colourful and make me that much more excited for summer.  I hope you like them as much as I do!

Love, Kate xo

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful nails Kate!
    You are quite the artist.
    This blog is the perfect opportunity for you to share and showcase your talent. I look forward to seeing more of your nail art.
    Fabulous shoes by the way.
    -Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Krista! And they really are great shoes eh?

    ReplyDelete