Sunday 1 September 2013

Dream Catcher Nails Made with Sharpies

This week I decided to create a design using Sharpies.  Not everyone has nail art brushes or thin paint brushes around to do detailed designs.  Sharpies are a great alternative and easier to use.  The major problem that people complain of when they use Sharpies on their nails, is that their design gets smudged when they add their top coat.  I did a little searching and someone suggested lightly spraying a coat of hairspray over top of the design before adding the top coat.  This creates a barrier between the Sharpie and the top coat.  I did this and didn't have any problems with smudging!

For this design, I used "Alex by the Books" by Nicole By OPI and 3 Sharpies (pink, purple, and turquoise).
I then began adding my dream catchers to each nail with just a feather on my ring finger as an accent nail.  I had originally planned on using black for the main part of the dream catchers but couldn't find a black Sharpie with a tip that wasn't worn down.  I'm glad I ended up using turquoise.  Here's the final product!

Happy Painting!

Love, Kate xo

No comments:

Post a Comment