Monday 14 October 2013

Falling Leaves

For the last couple weeks I've been trying to decide how to incorporate leaves or falling leaves into a nail design.  I really wanted to keep it simple with no actual leaves or trees. 
For this design I used, "Pur White" by Maybelline, "The Spy Who Loved Me" (red) by OPI, "Orange Oasis" by Covergirl, and "Hit the Lights" (yellow) by Nicole by OPI.
I started with a base of "Pur White".  I wanted the base to be really soft and felt that a straight up white polish would be too harsh.
I then used my dotting tool (pencil with a straight pin) to add dots to my nails starting at the tips.  I tried to spread the dots out as I moved down my nails to give a falling/fading effect.  Here is the final result!
I am in LOVE with how these turned out.  
The possibilities are endless with this design.  
To name a few ideas:
- blue, silver, and white for Winter (falling snow?)
- red, green, and gold for Christmas
- multi-coloured for New Years (confetti)

Happy Painting!

Love, Kate xo

No comments:

Post a Comment