Friday 4 July 2014

Bras for the Cause

I'm back!! The last couple months of school are always busy.  Well this year was extra busy and my nails were definitely put on the back burner.  Now that summer has arrived, I can finally get back into nail design and it feels great!

Last night, my mom and I attended a Bras for the Cause event.  The idea is that you all decorate a bra and wear it on top of your clothes, all while raising money for breast cancer awareness.  Of course, I had to make sure that my nails matched my bra.

I started with a base of "Blanc" by Essie.  I then used Bic permanent markers to create my design.  I recently bought the pack of 36 Bic markers instead of the Sharpies because there was a greater variety of colours.  I created a "firework" design using pink, blue, green, orange, and yellow.  I created an accent nail by placing the breast cancer ribbon on my ring finger.  The result is a super easy, colourful, and fun design that I will definitely be recreating in the future.
Oh, I can't forget to include a shot of our bras!  You'll notice the "firework" design on the bands of the bras.

Happy Painting!

Love, Kate xo

No comments:

Post a Comment